Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July


Last night July 3rd was the big fireworks show here in Appleton, I don't exactly know why they do it a night early, Elaine Grimes thinks it is because they sell tons of fireworks here and then the families can shoot them off on the 4th. It was fun, reminded me of San Juan fireworks - the park is one block from our house so our street is a zoo the whole evening, tons of people walk up to the park in front of our house. There were only two things missing, all my great friends and "fear" there was absolutely no fear of anything. This is the most peaceful place I have ever been. It really is going to take some getting used to.

The kids and I go on adventures every few days to find our way around, my in-laws have told me I have to slow down checking everything out because I'll be out of things to do pretty quick.

The house is coming along fine, we can't find a few things like our computer router, this is the most bothersome. Mike and I love to both be on the computer at the same time at night after the kids have gone to sleep. It is relaxing for both of us, we can catch up on e-mail and read. I'm ripping down wallpaper in the kitchen and testing paint colors, I'm actually getting tired.

I'm including a picture from our travels around Wisconsin last weekend. We were stopping for a latte and we found the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile. I guess Madison, Wisconsin is where they train all the people who travel around the country in the weinermobiles. The kids loved it.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger